Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Extra Hot Noodles w/ Chicharon



Noodles are best served when hot and with toppings. No doubt that noodles station out their offers not only a good tasty broth but also tons of different types of toppings. Some to mention are pork toppings, sliced beef, prawns, shrimp and so much more.

But having this can be considered luxury, having those toppings and the good noodles we may considered it an expensive. Today, here in Cebu a bowl of noodles with pork toppings would cost 100 + plus the drinks and some side dish that would cost as much Php 500.

Having this much for a single meal is not a typical expense of a common Cebuano. So I tried to check what could be the best noodles that is good in taste and yet affordable. I tried to search around the metro just to find out where that could be.

And I just found one, it’s not a place you can imagine and the toppings I made it myself. I ordered an extra hot noodle for Php10.00 and after a while I ordered a chicharon for Php10.00 and top it on top on my soup and it was great.

So when I went home I tried to make my extra hot noodles w/ chicharon. Here are the ingredients and the steps:

Ingredients:
1 pack extra hot noodles
1 pack chicharon
1 chili
1 lemon
soy sauce

Steps:
1.    Place 1 pack of extra hot noodles on a pot and place 1 ½ cup of water.
2.    Let boil until the noodles is cooked.
3.    Place the noodles in a medium bowl.
4.    Mix in the ingredients, pound the chili and include it on the mixture.
5.    Drop 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, squeeze 1 lemon and mix the crashed chicharon.
6.    Cover the bowl. Let it rest for 2-5 minutes and you’re ready to dig in.

This food trip is best paired with iced tea or lemonade.

1 comment: